More than 300 people volunteer for us each year to make a positive difference in the lives of hundreds of school children. Find out how to become a volunteer or a partner organization.
Our volunteers often reflect on how they experience personal growth by participating in an outreach event, packing in the pantry, or donating food. Discover how to grow in your life.
- 25% of Loudoun County residents have incomes that qualify them for SNAP.
- The average cost of a meal in Loudoun County is $3.05. The "Meal Gap" in Loudoun is $8,428,110.
- $8,428,110 is 0.06% of the total income in Loudoun County.
- For about $7/month per Loudoun County household, we can close Loudoun's "Meal Gap."
- 12,000 Loudoun County school-age children (1 in 15) qualify for free or reduced price lunch.
- 1 in 6 children in Loudoun County are considered food insecure.
- The Backpack Buddies Program provides weekend, summer, and holiday meal packs to 320
Loudoun County students receiving free or reduced-price school lunches.
- We have partnered with three local schools ... Countryside Elementary, Meadowland Elementary
and Seneca Ridge Middle Schools.
- Two Breakfasts
- Two Lunches
- Two Dinners
- Two to Three Snacks
- Two Milks
- One Juice
- We currently serve 320 students weekly at our three partner schools.
- Our volunteers pack and distribute over 12,602 meal packs or 75,612 meals each school year.
- It takes approximately 47,607 pounds of food to meet the needs of the children we serve each year.
- It takes over $68,811 a year in food or financial donations to sustain the program for one year.
We conduct numerous community outreach events throughout Loudoun County to provide education and awareness on childhood hunger. Learn how to get involved and spread the word.
Provide food insecure students of Loudoun County with healthy meals, nutritional education, and easy access to these resources by partnering with the congregation and community through awareness, education, and engagement.